4 min read
Whey protein is an excellent source of high-quality protein. It is easily digestible and its nutritional value is high. It is said to prevent muscle loss due to age, improve strength and aid muscle gain. It is a preferred supplement of protein, especially by bodybuilders and athletes.
In today’s post, we will look at OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women. It is advertised as the
“Best Natural Protein Powder with Whey Protein, Ayurvedic Herbs & Multivitamins for Better Metabolism, Skin & Hair”
After using it for three months, here are The Review Owl’s Views on the product.
Product Claims and Description:
According to OZiva’s official website, the product claims and description are as follows:
- OZiva Protein & Herbs, Women packs 23g of Clean, Cold Processed Whey Protein, 5.5g BCAA with essential Multivitamins & Minerals
- Ayurvedic Herbs Blend specially designed for Women – Shatavari, Guduchi, Flaxseed, Green Tea, Curcumin, Tulsi, Cinnamon for better Hormonal Balance & Metabolism
- Biotin, Iron, Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, B-Vitamins and other Essential Multivitamins for better Skin & Hair
- Gluten-Free, Soy Free, Non-GMO, No Artificial Sweetener, 0g Added Sugar .
OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women is a daily must-have
- It provides benefits not only of Protein but also contains Ayurvedic herbs like Shatavari, Guduchi, Flaxseed, Green Tea, Curcumin, Tulsi, Cinnamon for better Hormonal Balance & Metabolism.
- Multivitamins & MInerals like Biotin, Iron, Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, B-Vitamins, etc. for Healthy Hair & younger-looking skin.
- Helps in Boosting Metabolism, Building Lean Muscle, Reducing Body Fat
- Loved by millions of Women.
The ingredients and nutritional details listed on the box are as follows:
OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women comes in a white plastic box with the product name and details written around the centre of the box. The flavour of the protein is also shown on the box. Inside the box is a plastic cover with the powder in it and a green plastic scoop. Unfortunately, the packaging is not the slightest bit environmentally friendly.
This protein powder retails at ₹1465 for 500g.
My Review of OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women:
Over the past few years, I have become a fitness enthusiast. When I moved to Oman after marriage, I was introduced to whey protein and other protein supplements by my husband. At first, I blindly took whey protein after my workouts as I was told it would help me gain muscle. The fact that it tasted great also helped.
It wasn’t until I was diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance and started watching my diet that I understood the importance and benefits of whey protein. I started looking at the ingredients label of the various commercial brands of protein. When I came back to India and researched the various brands of protein available here, I was initially dazzled by the options available.
I wanted a clean protein supplement with no added sugar. After trying many brands I chanced upon OZiva Protein and Herbs for Women. I was delighted to find a protein that was not only filled with great ingredients but also would not cost me a fortune.
I have now used this protein for 3 months and here are some points that worked for me and some that did not:
Being primarily on a vegetarian Kerala style diet, I always struggle to reach my protein goal for each day. OZiva Protein & Herbs helps me with my macros intake. It keeps me satiated for longer. This protein powder is a great energy booster post-workout. It does not provide an immediate surge of energy but ensures that you do not feel drained and exhausted after a tough workout. Overall, I found it to be extremely effective.
Texture and Dissolvability:
The product feels and looks pretty much like sand. Once you add water or milk it does not dissolve very well. Even after vigorous shaking in a shaker, some particles remain undissolved. I have tried it with warm and cold water and milk but to no avail. This is something I disliked about the product.
I have tried the chocolate flavour of the OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women and I am not a fan. I had read reviews praising the flavour before purchasing the product but I personally did not like it. It tastes eggy and it takes a long time to get used to. But, over time you get used to the taste. (Pro tip: Mixing it in cold water gives the best results in terms of taste)
If you use this protein powder in your smoothies you will not notice the strong flavour it has. It blends well and gives the smoothie a chocolate flavour. However, OZiva has now come out with a mango flavoured protein which may taste much better than the chocolate one.
Pros and Cons of OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women:
- It is a clean protein.
- It is gluten-free and soy-free.
- Contains no added sugar.
- Has a blend of Ayurvedic herbs that are good for women.
- Keeps you satiated and gives you energy post-workout.
- Reasonably priced when compared to other brands.
- Does not dissolve well.
- The chocolate flavoured protein powder does not taste great.
- The packaging is not environmentally friendly.
Where you can buy OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women:
Tried and tested by The Review Owl.